I found a new favorite dessert: Gwyneth Paltrow’s “banana ice cream with sweet n salthy roasted almonds” you make in your blender! This is from her newest cookbook, “It’s All Good“. I made this last night with some friends and I loved it! It’s basically a smoothie, just thicker, and perfectly paired with a nutty and crunchy topping. Recipe below.
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 tsp maple syrup, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place banana slices in a single layer on a plate or tray lined with parchment or wax paper; freeze at least 3 hours. In a bowl, combine almonds, 2 tsp syrup and salt. In a food processor, pulse frozen banana slices, milk, vanilla and remaining 2 tbsp syrup, scraping down the sides as necessary, until mixture is the texture of soft-serve ice cream. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with almond mixture.
Nutritional Details: 201 calories per serving, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 39 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein